Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring is in the Air!!

Who could not love springtime?? The warm fresh air, birds singing in the trees, robins hopping in the yard, children running wild and free, windows flung open, spring flower bulbs showig their buds, freshly washed laundry flopping in the breeze and the list could go on.....
Ohh the wonderful joys of springtime!!
This week we got some of our garden planted and it was wonderful working in the freshly turned soil! This year I'll be planting: corn, peas, greenbeans, potatoes, onions, cutting lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, pickles, neck pumpkin and watermelons. I am so excited about having a big garden this year! Last year we kept it smaller due to me expecting our little girl; who was born the end of August - Amber JoLynn, so hard to believe she's almost 7 months already!! Where does time go??!!
I am so ready to get on the lawn mower and mow grass! I LOVE summertime and being outside. I am trying to decide what I want to plant in my flowerbeds this year - that is something I really look forward to! I did put a few pansies in my window boxes to cheer up the front porch!
 Springtime brings new birth and I am anxiously awaiting to hear from a friend who is expecting any day now,  she asked me to take her baby announcement pictures and design some cards. I think it'll be fun to take pics of a new baby!!
Well I am going to go and enjoy our 70+ degree weather and maybe I'll even cut out some "springy" looking dresses for myself and the girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment